Today, it’s almost impossible to see a business function without a website.
Since the introduction of the world wide web, business has grown, evolved and changed so much that small businesses can now exist by selling products and services online from the comfort of their own homes. Without this progress, companies such as our own Cheshire web design agency wouldn’t be in existence.
The web is a powerful resource so we thought it would be cool to put to research and put together 20 web design statistics you need to know in 2019, covering facts and figures from web design to digital marketing.
Shall we get started…
Website Design Performance Statistics
Each year, you will find the latest web design trends and tools any Cheshire web design agency will recommend you follow. Yes, it is a fast-changing, evolving industry, but the goal of your small business website will always remain the same – It’s about offering your customers the quickest, most efficient way to display your products and services… some of these website performance statistics are scary!
- 0.05 seconds – First impressions count! That’s the average time it takes for visitors to form an opinion about your website and determine if they stay or leave.
- 48% of users credit a website’s design as the most important factor in determining the credibility of an online business – Source
- Left or Right? On average, visitors will spend 80% of their time viewing the left half of the page and 20% viewing the right – Source
- By implementing video on your landing pages, you are likely to increase website conversions by 86% – Source
- 39% of people will stop engaging with a website if images won’t load or take too long to load. – Source Adobe
- Given 15 minutes of time, 59% of people will read or browse through something beautifully designed rather than something plain and boring – Source Adobe
Mobile Performance Statistics
Let’s face it, we have entered a generation with a very short attention span and businesses such as our Cheshire web design agency wouldn’t be in existence if it wasn’t for the web. As more and more users opt for mobile, it’s becoming critical to make sure your website look’s it’s best, arguably more important than your desktop website according to these mobile performance statistics.
- 8 out of 10 consumers will leave a website if it doesn’t display correctly on mobile – Source
- According to Google, the average mobile webpage takes 15.3 seconds to load! – Source
- On average, a user will spend two hours 15 minutes on their mobile every day, that accounts for nearly two out of three minutes spent online – Source
- 53% of mobile website visitors will leave your website if it doesn’t load within three seconds. Loading up to 5 seconds will increase the probability of bouncing by 90%, while up to 10 seconds can increase bounce rate by 123% – Source
- 62% of users will move onto a competitor’s website if they cannot find what they are looking for instantly, or have a negative experience when on a mobile website. – Source
- Approximately, 43% more research is done on smartphones than computers by millennials who intend to buy an item. – Source
With mobile surpassing desktop search, the retail industry in particular is starting to experience a huge momentum shift, as many small business and start-up websites can afford to compete online without any other major costs thanks to E-Commerce. It’s becoming crucial for online stores to make sure their e-commerce store is as easy and appealing as possible to potential customers as the average weekly online spend only increases…
- The average weekly online spend has now reached £1.1 billion in the UK – Source
- 45% of total E-Commerce revenue is generated from mobile – Source
- On average, 69% of E-Commerce of shoppers will abandon their shopping cart. – Source
- 55% of E-Commerce shoppers explained high shipping costs were the key reason to not purchase a product, with a further 34% leaving because they website required creating an account – Source
- 84% of people will not make a purchase if they are dealing with an unsecured website. – Source
Digital Marketing Statistics
Okay, so your website is designed great and it looks excellent on mobile… however it doesn’t really matter if nobody can see or your content puts potential customers off. The following digital marketing statistics will hopefully help ensure your digital marketing efforts target the correct customers.
- According to a study conducted on 200 small business websites, 70% lack a clear Call to Action on their homepage. – Source
- Small business who have 51-100 pages on their website generate 48% more traffic than those with 1-50 pages. – Source Hubspot
- 64% of users want to see your business contact information on the landing page, with 44% likely to leave if no information or contact number is given – Source
Cheshire Web Design Findings – The Web is powerful
Looking at the statistics used in our findings, we are only digging further into a digital world that will rely on your small business website performing it’s best across all mobile, desktop and tablet devices, with engaging content to win new customers!
If you would like to discuss the performance of your website, or how our Cheshire web design agency could help with a digital marketing plan, consult the specialists. Why not pop into our Cheshire web agency for a natter over a coffee and let’s see how we can make your website perform for you.